Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate, and affordable rates
Manufactured Home Insurance
Because everyone's needs are not the same, it is best to consult your Squires Insurance Solutions agent to help assess your needs and find the insurance policy that is right for you.
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.
Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.
Homeowners Insurance FAQ
Do I need homeowners Insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
List every item of value in your homeIt is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your Squires Insurance Solutions agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
Are all homeowners insurance policies the same?
All policies are not the same. They vary in the extent and scope of coverage for specific or named perils, such as lightning or fire, and with a number of exclusions, while other policies expand coverage to open perils, which normally excludes floods and earthquakes but has fewer exclusions from coverage. Some policies are designed for condominium owners and others are designed for renters or tenants. There are even policies that are designed for homes of historic value. Your Squires Insurance Solutions agent will ask you questions to determine exactly what coverage you need and what you do not need.
How do I determine how much homeowners insurance coverage I need?
Although it may not be your highest priority, taking an inventory of your home is a great way to begin determining how much homeowners coverage you need. To get started with your inventory here are a few helpful tips:
- Include serial numbers of items anywhere you can
- Continuously update your home inventory as you acquire new items
- If you have the receipt- include it!
- Take Photos- take close-up and wide-angle shots, use a color camera or video camera if possible and have a family member in all pictures to help prove ownership.
Back to TopΔ