Summertime in Colorado is all about celebrating and enjoying the great outdoors, and with 300+ days of sunshine, it's easy to have the perfect day.
Experience one of the many stunning Rocky Mountain sunsets, races and contests, unrivaled outdoor concert venues, food and wine festivals, golfing, horse riding, hiking, rafting and much more. Don't forget the sunscreen and lots of water.
- White Water Rafting - Water is highest in the spring and early summer as the snow melts off the mountains to fill our Rivers. Book then for an adrenaline-filled adventure, or wait until later in the summer to take the kids on a float.
- Mountain or Road Biking - Stick to the road after its rained. Our dirt dries fast, but if you ride when it's wet, your knobby tires will do significant manage.
- Horse back Riding
- Zip Lining or go to an Aerial Park - Book a package of ½ day of zipline, followed by ½ day a the aerial park, which many times includes lunch for everyone!
- Golfing - Many courses offer reduced greens fees for last-minute tee times, so don't stress if you want to play a late 9-hole after lunch.
- Rock Climbing - Make it a real Colorado Adventure by hiking or biking into your route.
- Soaking In The Hot Springs
- Scenic Train Rides - Take the train to Silverton, but then take the bus back over Red Mountain Pass to spend more time in Silverton AND Durango.
- Fishing - Book a guided trip to really get the insider information from a local.
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding/Kayaking - Go early in the day before the winds kick up!
Whatever activity you choose-enjoy it!