The harsh weather and freezing temperatures of winter can wreck havoc on a house, but summer has its own set of dangers.
Fortunately, there are steps homeowners may take to prepare their home for the heat and keep their family happy and safe during the summer.
Here are a few warm-weather preparation tips to help you prepare your home and stay cool and dry in the summer:
- Keep moisture limited and under control in your walls and ceilings - use fans and open windows to keep air flowing
- Prepare for summer storms - cut dead branches & clear out gutters
- Keep food inside so pests are not attracted to and gather in areas outside your house
- Make sure to unplug portable fans and heaters to avoid fires
- Repair any damage around your house to avoid accidents such as tripping
- Practice water safety around all water near your home
- Make sure your pets do not overheated or too cold