Swimming is an enjoyable sport, but pools necessitate a lot of upkeep and one of the responsibilities of owning a pool is to close it in the winter and reopen it when the weather improves.
Professionals charge up to $300 USD for this service, but doing it yourself will save you money.
It's not complicated if you understand how your pool is set up and it must be thoroughly cleaned and have a working pump.
For an existing pool owner, check out these steps to get your pool ready for swim season:
- Sweep debris off the pool cover with a soft-bristled broom
- Use a cover pump to drain any water on the cover.
- Remove the cover and lay it flat on the ground.
- Wash the pool cover clean with soap and water.
- Rinse and dry the cover to prepare it for storage.
- Fold the cover up to store in a bag or container