A loss can be painful, frustrating, and disheartening, but having insurance coverage can help alleviate the financial stress that comes with it.
As a first step toward mending your property and moving forward, check to see if your policy covers the loss. To do so, you'll need to file a claim with the insurance company.
While the claims process isn't something that many individuals like, it is unavoidable.
While the claims procedure isn't something that many people look forward to, it is necessary so make sure you do the following so the process goes as smoothly as possible:
- Keep an updated inventory of your insured possessions,
- Reach out to your agent first,
- Report the loss immediately,
- Provide correct and complete information
- Ask questions so you understand the steps.
Take care out there!