Did you know that weeding for 45 minutes burns almost as many calories as 30 minutes of high-intensity aerobics?
Indeed, gardening will aid in the reduction of discomfort, the improvement of mental health, and even the protection of your home.
There are many reasons to pursue gardening and many ways to get your hands in the dirt if you've been considering taking up a new hobby.
Best of all, this spring is the ideal season for it.
Here are some benefits to getting out and enjoying gardening:
- Increased energy, heart rate and muscle strength
- Reduced risk for major diseases such as heart disease, obesity, stroke, and type 2 diabetes
- Relief from arthritic pain and stiffness
- Increasing your vitamin D from being outside
- It boosts a positive attitude
- Makes your yard beautiful
So get out in your yard and have fun beautifying your home!