Stay safe by installing a CO alarm in a central area of your home.
Carbon monoxide is an invisible, tasteless, odorless, colorless gas that frequently goes undetected and strikes people who are caught off guard while asleep.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, over 400 individuals in the U.S. die each year from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. The emergency room is visited by more than 20,000 people, and more than 4,000 others are hospitalized.
Always be aware that carbon monoxide is produced by burning fuel in cars or trucks, small engines, stoves, lanterns, grills, fireplaces, gas ranges, portable generators or furnaces. Do not use these items in enclosed areas.
Stay safe and get outside immediately if you think there is carbon monoxide in the air!