Consider bringing these things with you when you head out to hike with your furry friend:
- Fresh water and a collapsible bowl
- Food and treats
- Current ID tags and a well-fitting collar
- A sturdy leash for walking or securing your pet to a specific area
- A blanket to lie on
- Doggie bags for waste
- Pad protective booties for rocky/rough terrain, snow, ice, cacti or nettles
- First aid kit
- Towel to clean your dog
- Snake bite kit (if appropriate for your area)
- Doggie backpack for sharing the load. Use only if your dog is used to doing this.
Choose short hikes with your pet until they are used to longer ones. Have fun!