A Few Tips for Prepping Your Home Before Going on a Long Vacation:
- Let the credit card company know you will be out of town,
- Bring in outdoor furniture,
- Water the lawn/plants before you go,
- Hold your mail/newspapers or have someone come by to bring it inside,
- Park your car in the garage,
- Add baking soda to your toilet water,
- Turn off alarm clocks,
- Adjust the thermostat,
- Set a light timer,
- Shut all the windows and blinds,
- Lower the heat and lower the water heater temperature.
Making these adjustments can save you trouble on your arrival back home and give you peace of mind.